Pahwa Enterprises: Technical Drying Services
Projectmonitor, Mumbai | June 14-20, 2010
Technical Drying Services is Pahwa Enterprises’ company and has established itself as the rental division catering to moisture, humidity, temperature control, and drying and water damage restoration services.
TDS provides a customized package of dehumidifiers, condensing units, blowers and accessories like panels, cables, reducers etc., along with a team of dedicated engineers who help customers in application, system selection and project execution. Our services find application in:
- Rust and corrosion control during blasting, coasting and painting: Majority of premature coating failures in columns, tanks, reactors and vessels are caused by improper surface preparation. We provide dehumidifiers on rent for controlling optimum humidity levels.
- Reducing pre-cooling time: pre-cooling time during shutdown in vessels, columns and reactors in critical path can be reduced at a faster rate than natural cooling. This results in early man entry to reduce overall shutdown time.
- Storage and preservation of critical equipment: We provide dehumidifiers for preservation of critical and costly equipment like generator, turbine and other critical equipment from corrosion by maintaining relative humidity at prescribed levels. The critical equipment can be preserved during idle period and in case of project delays.
- Drying of pipelines after hydro testing: Presence of moisture after hydro testing in pipelines or vessels can lead to corrosion. Moisture is removed by dehumidification process which avoids usage of expensive and flammable liquid and specialized pumps, valves and other equipment for testing.
- Product drying: TDS helps in product drying e.g. seeds, wood, spices, grapes, candies etc., by supplying hot and dehumidified air.
- Concrete/POP drying: During monsoons, winter and in high humid conditions, concrete floor takes more curing time. With the help of dehumidifiers, heater and blower desired conditions are achieved irrespective of weather conditions. This is highly useful for epoxy coating/POP applications where desired moisture content is less than 5 per cent.
- Maintain comfortable working conditions in confined spaces like in columns, reactors, boilers and condensers. During shutdown high temperature, toxic gases and fumes and high RH causes workers to take frequent breaks thereby decreasing productivity level. Dehumidifiers with condensing unit, blowers etc., can reduce shutdown period, provide better working conditions and result in money saving.
- Fabrication: The most important part of fabrication is blasting and welding. In surrounding environment laden with high moisture content there is possibility of water molecules breaking into oxygen and hydrogen leading into rust problems. This can be effectively tackled by providing dehumidified air.
- Water damage restoration: Water can cause damage due to flooding, post fire fighting, broken pipes etc. TDS helps in restoration of equipment, furniture, valuable documents by removing excessive moisture.
TDS offices are located in Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai, Baroda, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi and Guwahati and Malaysia.