Bry-Air, the leader in dehumidification…worldwide and having over 50 years of experience in providing moisture control solutions for the most complex and critical industrial applications, helps support you with all your Dry Room requirements under a single roof.
Bry-Air has the capability to build state-of-the-art Dry Rooms and provide complete solution for achieving low dewpoint control for your hygroscopic and moisture sensitive material processing.
Bry-Air Dry Rooms come equipped with patented Environment Control Dehumidification System including refrigeration system. Bry-Air has proven success in meeting the stringent requirement of dew point lower than (-) 75℃ and has very recently provided dry room solution to one of the most advanced and reputed Indian Defence Laboratory of the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) . Bry-Air also takes pride in being the fastest growing adsorption technology group in the world and having over 108 patents applications filed in 12 new technologies of which 32 have been granted/ allowed already.
Dry Rooms are being used by pharmaceutical companies, automotives, archives and selective other industries which have very low dew point requirements for their hygroscopic material processing and storage. Lithium and alternative battery manufacturers are today the most vulnerable and hence, are driving the high requirement for Dry Rooms. Every Dry Room is unique and there is a great amount of detailing and specialization requirement. Only few players who have the desired experience and subject knowledge are able to get the design and configurations of such units correct in the first instance. Safety is paramount in Dry Rooms as a minor glitch or error may lead to major hazardous risks.
Bry-Air Airgineers are well trained and equipped to deliver any size of Dry Rooms, be it for use in research laboratories or large scale production areas. Our Airgineers develop turnkey dry room solutions ensuring highest standards of safety and design competencies. Working closely with the clients directly, they are able to design, install and retrofit some of the most advanced dry rooms with fully automated systems.
Key constituents and requirements for Dry Room built:
Panels & Room
- Insulated and fire retardant modular panels
- Air tight self supporting rooms with HEPA filters inside the room
- All metal construction
- Baked white galvanized metal interior (stainless steel option available) and exterior
- Entrance door with air lock
- Emergency door
- Controller, dew point meter with dew point sensor
- Vapor tight construction ensuring zero leakages
- Rib structure fabricated from hollow tubular section welded together for providing chamber strength and rigidity with special emphasis for floor loading. However of late, double skin modular panel construction with vapour tight construction have also gained acceptance with advance of new manufacturing processes
- Proper insulation
- Inner skin generally to be GI constructed
- Proper lighting arrangement and power points at necessary locations
- Ante room to be provided to reduce moisture load due to door opening
- Entry Door for main entrance, ante/airlock room and additional emergency door is required
If you are considering setting up a Dry Room, Bry-Air may help you get started.
Please get across to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you get to the driest room on earth.
Dry Rooms for Lithium Batteries
Don’t Let Moisture Reduce The Performance of Lithium Batteries
One of the most critical factors governing the manufacturing of Lithium-ion batteries is the fact that they must be produced in a dry room with ultra-low humidity.
Bry-Air is the only total solution provider for dry rooms with environment control equipment incorporating patented technology critical for Lithium battery manufacturing.
In manufacturing of Lithium batteries there is a requirement of very low humidity conditions – typically below 1% RH or lower (- 35°C or -90°C dew point).
Also pure Lithium metal is extremely sensitive to even tiny amounts of moisture in the air in the lithium batteries processing rooms. Moisture sealed inside the battery can react after the battery is completed. When moisture in the air comes in contact with lithium metal, an exothermic chemical reaction occurs that forms Lithium Hydroxide and Hydrogen Gas.
2Li + 2H2O = 2LiOH + H2
So, in order to overcome above problems dry rooms are used.
Areas of Critical Moisture Control in Battery Production Facilities
- Battery Assembly Area
- Cover Attachment to PowerCollector
- Glass to Metal Sealing
- Electrolyte filing in Cell
- Cathode Production
- Electrodes Insertion
Ideal Dry Room Conditions for Li-ion Battery Manufacturing
- Moisture level in Lithium-ion battery processing areas should have less than (-) 35°C dew-point and/or moisture content of 14 grams per kg of dry air
- Room temperature should be maintained at recommended levels, around 25°C, with tolerance of +/(-) 2°C along with dewpoints in the range of (-) 35°C to (-) 45°C. (0.14 to 0.04 g/kg)
The air change rate in the production room should be more than 50 air changes per hour with maintenance of minimum fresh air introduction for positive room pressure and ventilation for workers
The DryPurge® Advantage …the Cutting Edge Technology
- Bry-Air’s DryPurge® (DP) patented technology for dehumidifiers ensures optimum performance of dehumidifiers, even at the ultra low dew point, upto (-) 90°C.
- Rotor made up of pH neutral and chemical resistant material. Inertness to gases such as Hydrogen Flouride (HF) generated during the production of Lithium-ion batteries
DryPurge® is covered by Patent Granted/Pending: USA, China, South Africa, India, South Korea, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, Brazil. Details available at www.pahwa.com
Bry-Air…Your Dehumidification Partner
- Fully equipped, single point solution provider for Dry Room chambers with Environment Control Equipment (Dehumidification systems including Refrigeration unit)
- Proven success in meeting the stringent requirement of dew point lower than (-) 75°C, required by the most updated and largest lithium battery plant
- Highest dry process airflow in CMH/kW
- More than 100 units installed and commissioned
Some of our Esteemed Customers:
- Wuhan Design Institute
- Beijing University
- Guizhou Mei Ling Li Batt
- Bamo Battery
- Pulead Technology Industry Company Ltd.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Defence Research & Development Laboratory
- Naval Science and Technological Laboratory
- E-One Moli Energy
Installation of Dry Room at Naval Science & Technology Laboratory (NSTL)
Bry-Air installs state-of-art Dry Room incorporating desiccant dehumidifier with patented technology, for lithium battery manufacturing at NSTL, Visakhapatnam for their underwater applications.
NSTL is located in the coastal area of Visakhapatnam where high moisture level in ambient air interrupts the performance and quality standards of underwater systems. The NSTL laboratory uses lithium based raw material, which is highly reactive to moisture, and requires controlled humidity typically less than 1% RH (-45°C dew point).
Bry-Air, the single source provider, built a fully integrated dry room incorporating desiccant dehumidifier with patented DryPurge® technology. The dry rooms made with metal clad polyurethane foam, modular type construction within an existing RCC building, included complete ducting, electrical wiring, cable routing for the equipment, lighting, antistatic flooring, construction of airlock rooms, PLC controls for operating dry room, housing for the dehumidifiers etc., was designed and executed by Bry-Air.