Humidity Control in Indoor Swimming Pool
Indoor swimming pools are very unique in their maintenance demands. The climate surrounding an indoor swimming pool is very moisture laden. This moisture can aggravate the micro-organism growth, corrosion of building material and uncomfortable environment for swimmers.
Effects of Uncontrolled Humidity
- Uncomfortable environment around the pool
- Strong and persistent smell of chlorine
- Condensation on vents/ glass panels/ AC grills
- Corrosion of interior due to chlorine induced corrosion
- Deterioration of windows / rotting away of wood
- Peeling paint, deteriorating motor joints, bricks, etc.
- Mold and mildew growth
- Frequent accidents (slipping/ falling) caused by wet floors
- Increased maintenance costs
Causes of Uncontrolled Humidity
Indoor pools continuously produce large quantities of water vapor through the evaporation process. These water vapor leads to condensation which results in corrosion of metal and mold, mildew, fungus growth, wood rot and deterioration of windows, lights, furniture etc in indoor swimming pools. It also creates a highly uncomfortable atmosphere for swimmers.
The relative humidity in Indoor Swimming Pools should be maintained at 50-55 % at about 26°C during winters and 23°C during summers.
Bry-Air Desiccant Dehumidifier is the most reliable and cost-effective investment for maintaining your valuable property in prime condition. It is capable of maintaining the ideal humidity level throughout the year ensuring a comfortable environment for swimmers and staff and eliminating all dampness/ fogginess and condensation.
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Optimum sanitary conditions
- Comfortable environment throughout the year
- No fogging, condensation, rusting and rotting
- No molds & mildew on the wall/duct surfaces
- Reduced injuries due to avoidance of slipping and falling accidents due to wet floor
Partial Reference List
- Akar Technical Services
- Al Shirawi
- Aqualine Systems
- Arabian Airconditioning Cont
- ARABTEC Construction (LLC)
- Bader Al Mulla
- Bin Aiylan Gen Cont Est
- CIVILCO Residential Tower
- Diplomat Engineering LLC
- Emirates Technical & Thermal Systems Co. LLC